Report when infected with an infectious disease
There are reports of people having infectious diseases such as measles (rubeola), mumps (epidemic parotitis), rubella (German measles), varicella (chickenpox), pertussis, and influenza.
If you have any of the above infectious diseases, according to the School Health and Safety Act (学校保健安全法), you should be excluded from attending school to prevent a spread of pathogens. Please ask a doctor to fill out a medical certificate that indicates the day you are permitted to return to campus, or the Permission of Return to Campus (a downloadable file from the Health Center website), and submit it to the Health Center. Especially if you have influenza, please report it through the Health Center website as soon as possible.
How to report when infected with an infectious disease
- Please report to the Health Center through the web "keio.jp"as soon as possible.
- Please report to a teacher as soon as possible if you belong to the Faculty of Nursing and Medical Care or Graduate School of Health Management.
- Please report to the Shiba-kyoritsu branch of the Health Center as soon as possible if you belong to the Faculty of Pharmacy (student, staff).
- Please report to your Health Center branch.
- Please follow the instructions from the School of Medicine / Keio Hospital.
If two or more persons are suffering from an infection at around the same time (fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher; within 2 to 3 days in the case of influenza), please report this to the Health Center and take the appropriate measures as instructed in the PDF file below.
Report after infectious disease is resolved
Please ask a doctor to fill out a medical certificate that indicates the day you are permitted to return to campus, or the Permission of Return to Campus and submit it to the Health Center.