To students who missed the Annual Health Checkup
We have finished to offer the Annual Health Checkup in 2021.
In order to prevent on-campus infection and injuries during physical activities, all students of Keio University are obligated to undergo an annual health checkup.If you do not undergo a checkup, you are not able to receive the following services:
- Registration for physical education (PE) courses
- Issuance of a Certificate of Annual Health Checkup, which may be required when applying for jobs, scholarships, etc.
If you have missed the annual health checkup, please schedule one at an external medical institution of your convenience where a provisional health examination service is available throughout the year.Health checkup items that must be performed differ according to your year level.
Please inform the Health Center on your campus if you missed the annual health checkup this year for any of the following reasons:
- Temporary leave of absence
- Studying abroad
- Compulsory leave due to infectious disease
- Injury preventing attendance at university
How to take a health checkup at an external medical institution
- Please arrange for a health checkup at an external medical institution after April 2019. This may be undergone at any external medical institution, although we can provide you with information on medical institutions near your campus.
- The Health Center is unable to issue either a Certificate of Annual Health Checkup or an Annual Health Checkup Report obtained from an external medical institution. Please request for these certificates to be issued directly by the institution that performed your health examination.
Health Checkup Items
Examinations for first-year undergraduates are to be undergone by all students if they have yet to be completed.
|First-year undergraduate students must undergo the following examinations if not yet completed:||Height/weight ,urinalysis（protein, occult blood, and blood sugar count） ,chest X-ray ,physical examination (objective findings) ,interview regarding health condition|
|Undergraduate students in the second year or higher||Height/weight ,urinalysis（protein, occult blood, and blood sugar count）,interview regarding health condition|
|First-year graduate students||Height/weight ,urinalysis（protein, occult blood, and blood sugar count） ,chest X-ray ,physical examination (objective findings) ,interview regarding health condition|
|Graduate students in the second year or higher||Height/weight ,urinalysis（protein, occult blood, and blood sugar count）,interview regarding health condition|
※ All students belonging to the School of Medicine, the Faculty of Nursing and Medical Care, all fourth-year through to sixth-year undergraduate students at the Department of Pharmacy, the Graduate School of Medicine, and the Graduate School of Health Management must undergo a chest X-ray.
※ Medical questionnaire: Please ask your family doctor to fill out your medical history, illnesses for which you are currently undergoing treatment, whether or not you have any subjective symptoms, and whether or not you require any special considerations to attend university such as for physical education classes or to participate in classes.
※ Students affiliated to Shinanomachi Campus: please also take your blood pressure and pulse.
Form for undergoing a health checkup at an external medical facility※Other types of forms are permitted.
If you wish to have this form filled out when you undergo a health checkup at an external medical facility, you will need to get a stamp with the name of the medical facility as well as the doctor's signature. If there is no stamp, you may also be asked to submit the receipt for the checkup.
Submitting Annual Health Checkup Results
Please submit a photocopy of the results of a health checkup you underwent in or after April of the applicable year to the Health Center by one of the following methods. If you undergo a health checkup every year at your place of employment, please promptly submit your results for this academic year as soon as they become available. In addition to submitting the results, please answer the online questionnaire.
If you require a physical education evaluation, please submit the form at the Health Center. If it is submitted by post, we will not be able to perform a physical education evaluation.
Submit at the Health CenterHealth Center Reception Hours (information on each location)
Please submit directly to the Health Center on the campus to which you are affiliated.
Access the external health examination results submission form. Upload a PDF copy of your results from a health examination received externally during or after April (in Shinanomachi after May) of the current academic year. The results must show the date of examination, your name, and the name of the organization that administered the examination.
- When submitting results by mail, please send the following to the Health Center on your campus.
・A copy of results from a health examination received externally during or after April (in Shinanomachi after May) of the current academic year. Results must show the date of examination, your name, and the name of the organization that administered the examination.
- Copies of examinations results received by the Health Center will not be returned. Please be sure to keep all original documents.
- Please send results using a method that is trackable, such as Letter Pack or registered mail. The Health Center is not responsible for lost packages.
- In principle, you will not be contacted when your results are received, but please note that you may be contacted to confirm details regarding your results.